Friday, July 28, 2006

It's 99 degrees out

99°F
Feels Like
103°F
UV Index: 8 Very High
Wind: From SW at 13 mph
Humidity: 39%
Pressure: 29.84 in.
Dew Point: 68°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles

...and it's not done yet. Luckily for me, I'm in the basement of a lab building built with cement blocks. I'm staring at some blocks right now, as a matter of fact, and they're a refreshing industrial beige.

I applied for another job today. I didn't run. And I haven't knit since Tuesday. I did take little boy out this morning for an iced chai latte before he got to work moving rocks for my co-temp-worker.

I've got to start running again. This once a week thing just isn't doin' it for me. Nothing particularly hurts, I just cannot get my butt outta bed in the morning. And it's hot. And it's humid. Blah blah. It actually IS too hot when I get home from work and besides, that evening running thing was something I never quite got the hang of. I looked at one of my race t-shirts this morning and said (out loud), "I ran a half marathon in May? What the hell happened?"

Gonna buy a scale after work. Let the fun begin. I actually haven't owned one in about ten years. Hmmm... maybe it's been even longer.

No comments: