Monday, August 28, 2006

Yum!

Dinner was awesome. If you haven't yet checked out the Fatfree Vegan Kitchen, do so at once, particularly the source for dinner tonight, here. I was lazy and didn't peel the Japanese eggplant, nor did I have any hoisin sauce. It was fabulous just the same. I'd often wondered how to mimic the spicy garlic eggplant I've ordered over the years, but never attempted it. I like that this has the flavor, but hardly any of the oil. Tofu always makes me happy, too.

Even little boy, who looked dubious at the thought of eggplant, loved it. Big Boy, who is out playing soccer at the park, has not yet weighed in.

Running was fun, a 5 miler with the particularly fetching canine starring in my profile pic. The photo was taken a couple of years ago, because she now has quite a few white streaks in the black spots around her eyes. She's 6 1/2.

SO should be home from cabin-building in Wyoming at some point tonight. We've seen each other a total of maybe 3 days since July 22nd. Brother-out-law will be coming as well.

No comments: