The fine print on my side of the sign said (pronounced with a Uruguayan accent). Now that would sound something like "Say-zh." Make the "g" sound into a zh sound (like the zh in the middle of the word pleasure, or the letter ж if you read Cyrillic) and draw the "a" out real long. Then you have to get all offended and huffy and say, "Thank you Say-zh, for calling me like the cow!" And I will laugh. Sometimes telling a Uruguayan "don't have a cow" doesn't have the intended effect of calming them down. Anyway.
And now, splits. The first is too short, because I didn't catch a signal until we got out onto Shepard Road. They're Garmin splits, too, because the only mile markers I ever saw were at 1, 5, 10, 11 and 12 miles.
1 - 7:38
2 - 8:38
3 - 8:47
4 - 8:40
5 - 9:33
6 - 8:47
7 - 8:51
8 - 8:45
9 - 8:36
10 - 9:15
11 - 9:01
12 - 9:11
13 - 9:34
0.1 - change
It was weirdly warm today. Oh, except for at work where it was freezing. I'm going to overdose on tea if it doesn't warm up. It may have broken 40 degrees. It's supposed to rain tonight and the temps will drop. But tomorrow night's low? -15. Yeah, that's a minus sign in front of that 15. Good thing it isn't caucus night. But it is orchestra rehearsal night. I might veto the idea. Brrrrrrr.
Random thought of the day: aren't these the cutest slippers?

They don't come in grown up sizes, though.
1 comment:
i am glad you're back.
Post a Comment