Yes, it was eight degrees below zero this morning on my drive in to work. I think that's a little cold for March 7th. And if it's still this cold, it's entirely too early to be playing with Daylight Savings Time. It seems like everyone I've ever ranted to about DST hates it. I'm sure I'm not that persuasive a speaker. If this playing with time is universally unpopular, why does it continue? Ok, so it seems that Americans like to have more light after the workday ends. Fine. Pick a time and stick to it. There was a study that found we actually don't conserve energy with this time game, and apparently, more little kids get hit by cars on their way to school during the dark mornings right after we play with time. Perhaps this twice yearly jet lag helps prevent the masses from rising up and overthrowing the government...?
I went out for drinks last night with SO and some other people and didn't get my 8 mile run in. That means 8 tonight, 13 tomorrow, and 5 on Sunday. Sounds a little intimidating, but I'm sure it's doable. After all, the fam will be out of town. It will be just me and the critters.
2 comments:
yeah. i hate it too. no more morning runs again and hank and i were just getting back into the groove of them....
bah.
freaking HATE the time change.
Post a Comment