Sunday, August 17, 2008

Triathlon fun?

So. I ran the running leg of a sprint triathlon today and it was ok.

I was up too late because of a certain network and a certain historic sporting event.

Then I got up too early (5am) because I just sent my baby (aka Big Boy) off to California for AmeriCorps.

Oh yeah, and I ran 20 miles yesterday.

Had a cappuccino, ran a mile over to the park. Met up with my swimmer and my biker. We were one of eight all-female teams.

It was a mad house, but really fun to watch. And, I only had 1/3 of the responsibility, which was a bonus.

K swam the half mile in 14:52, which was the second fastest of the female team swimmers.

S biked the 12 miles in 38:33, which was second fastest of the female team bikers.

I ran the 5k in 23:05, which was the fastest of the female team runners (by a minute and 38 seconds). My splits weren't as bad as I thought:

1 - 7:24
2 - 7:27
3 - 7:24
0.1 - 0:41

Ugh, it was hot in the sun.

Our overall time was 1:18:02, and we came in first of the female teams (the team in second place was 1:24:41). Nice debut for a tri-team!

Then I ran a mile home and we all went out for breakfast. Then I took a nap. Big Boy arrived safely at LAX, found the correct bus, and is currently on the train to San Bernardino.

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Way to go! Very impressive. And with 20 miles yesterday too, that is fabulous!

Maria said...

What a jam-packed weekend - great job on the 20 miler and the TRI!!

BTW, a really good friend of mine did AmeriCorps right after college. It really set up a lot for her in life. I hope that Big Boy gets that much and more out of his experience!