Thursday, November 5, 2009

More running

I have a plan in place for some races next year and I have all my runs scheduled through May. Not that I'm obsessive about it or anything. I just like to know what's going on (not that you can ever really know anything but what's happening right now in this moment).

I want to do a credible job on the Trail Mix next year. I ran as part of a team in the 50k this year, but I was the one who was dragging. It's such a fun race, but I was too undertrained (and still moderately injured) to enjoy it as much as I should have. The Madison Half is also on the schedule. They completely changed the course and after looking at the course map, I think that the sucky parts from 2008 are no longer featured.

If all goes well, I will think about a fall marathon. I should have plenty of time to train for it, because I will no longer have little boy around to keep me busy. He is in the midst of college application season. Although he wants to run in college (and is getting some very nice recruiting calls from some cross country coaches), his focus is on academics and he's applying to some big schools. The state schools to which he's applying are all Division I schools, so the running part is somewhat more iffy. I'm confident that he'll be able to walk on to a team if he ends up going to a D-I school. But I'm optimistic like that for my boys.

No comments: