Thursday, October 27, 2011

7 random things

She said I had to, so here are 7 random things about me.

1. My birthday is tomorrow. Related: I am both pleased about this (it's my bday!) and somewhat alarmed at the rapid progression of the years (wait, I'm how old?!).

2. I will be 44 tomorrow and I live on 44th Street. GF finds this amusing.

3. I really lucked out that the housing market tanked when it did, as I had to move in 2009 and I got a good deal on my house. Not quite good enough, since it's dropped in value. I'm not underwater yet.

4. Was that about me? I'm not sure. Anyway, I often speak in non sequiturs, which is bastardized Latin for "it does not follow." Even if you had a map of my brain, there are times when you'd have no idea what I'm talking about. This is not cause for alam.

5. My Halloween costume is Kevin Bacon in Footloose. Do you know why?

6. Yes, I throw a Halloween party every year (well, this is the 3rd one). It's rather convenient when your birthday is three days from Halloween. You get away with things. Related: I almost never had school on my birthday as a kid because they always have that 2 day teacher conference thing in late October.

7. I became a lawyer partly because I "like to argue." Oddly enough, I hate confrontation and am quite happy to compose angry lawyer letters in the privacy of my little grey cube. I never want to litigate.

Ok. Seven other people who have to do this...

Sasha, who occasionally blogs at Lenin & the Bolsheviks
Kris at Life to the Power of Kris
Shawn at Conversations of a Long Distance Runner
Carrie at Metrospeculative
Lora at solarpoweredlife
Dave at Mumble Herder
Haddayr at Have a Heart of Fire; Have a Heart of Gold

Whew! I didn't think I had 7!

3 comments:

solarpowered said...

Whoa! I'm skimming through blogs, trying to catch up, and here I am tagged in your post! Ok, I'll do it when I get a chance. :)

And happy birthday tomorrow!

Mindi said...

Kevin Bacon? That is awesome! Happy birthday.

BTW - Litigation is fun!

Theia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And thanks for playing. :)