Inception
I love you Phillip Morris
Adjustment Bureau
Heathers
Win Win
Source Code
Giglia
My Perestroika
Winter's Bone
Gods & Monsters
Saved
Gattica
Harry Potter VII part 2
Howl
Into the Wild
We Were Here
Tomboy
There were not a ton of movies to see in 2011 in my opinion. Some of the movies I saw were really old ones, but I'd just never seen them before. Adjustment Bureau had a great premise, but didn't follow through and crapped out with a lame religious allegory. I love you Phillip Morris was hysterically funny and also really bad. I liked Source Code, it made me think and wonder about how things fit together after the movie ended. Again though, I wonder what is up with these filmmakers. They can come up with a brilliant idea that makes you think, makes you ask questions and makes you want to watch, but they don't commit to it and the endings never live up to the promise of the concept. Is imagination just dead in American cinema?
No comments:
Post a Comment