Mark this day on the calendar for me. Running was fun this morning! For the entire 5 miles! The last time? Well...it was last September, the morning that Lumpy was evicted. So yeah, I haven't actually had fun while running in six months. It's been ok sometimes, tolerable other times, bearable on a few occasions, and lots of times it was just completely unfun.
Might this have something to do with my new shoes? (Moc3 by Soft Star Shoes.) I just got them nearly half off in their clearance sale. There's not much to them: 2 mm of Vibram soling glued to a thin layer of leather footbed. They are sort of an update of the RunAMocs I was wearing all last year (which I put through about 600 miles including a marathon). No ties, fit better to the foot, and a lining on the upper so that dirt & little rocks don't get in through the perforated leather. Love, love, love them!

No comments:
Post a Comment