in which I ramble about various subjects, post meaningless statistics about running, and rant occasionally.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
HOT
The highs have been really high over the past week. The lows have been record-high, too. Monday it was 99, Tuesday 97, yesterday it was 101. Oh, and the dew point was 77. Today's high could be 100. The thunderstorms we were promised for tonight seem to have been pushed off to Friday night.
What was originally intended to be the Red White & Boom Half Marathon was truncated to a 5 mile run. It was 84 degrees when I got up at 5 a.m. My internet running buddy picked me up & we luckily scored excellent last minute parking near the start of the race. The sky looked like the picture above (no one I know is in it, but the sky looks good and scary, doesn't it?), threatening thunderstorms, but nothing ever happened. It was quite the sweat fest, but was actually kind of fun. We ran through sprinklers at one point. I think the volunteers might have been hotter than we were because the air wasn't moving much.
You would think that after running in crazy heat and humidity I would have tried to spend the rest of the day inside. Yeah, well I'm not that smart. GF & I headed over to my flyball neighbors and we proceeded to spend much of the early afternoon hiding under a tarp and eating. We finally hid inside with the air conditioning and watched a movie.
This morning, it was only 82. Eight miles were on the schedule and they were run at the pace the schedule told me to run, but that was purely coincidental. I just ran as easy as I could without stopping. Tomorrow is a day off running and I'm excited to see how biking goes with the new skinnier slick tires I'm putting on tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wait, you had an 8-miler on the schedule the day after a HM? Are you mad? :)
Nice job on the pacing!
Post a Comment