Thursday, August 29, 2013

Camping with Blue - North Dakota

Turned in appraisal appeal and then left. Got cash at credit union, then home for last minute throwing of stuff into the car. I also got some rye. For medicinal purposes.

It took Blue an hour to finally sit down in the back seat. At the 3 hour mark she finally laid down. She is crashed put in the tent that is pitched on the banks of the Little Missouri River. I have my crickets tonight! The drive to Theodore Roosevelt Natl Park was mostly uneventful. Stopped once to fill up. Cell service was good until the middle of NoDak, then it crapped out. Interestingly enough, the navigator part of Google maps now stores the entire route, instead of freaking out when you lose cell service. The creepy lady was still talking at me well into the park!

We arrived half an hour after sunset, but the campground guy was doing a loop on his bike as we drove in. First he said he hoped I had a flashlight. There was plenty of space and he told me to drive around and pick my spot.

I set up the tent by headlamp and it was OK. I might have more ideas about how to organize all my gear now that I've done this once.

My dehydrated chili experiment was tasty, if a little spicy. I am looking forward to the oat experiment in the morning.

Lat N 46°55'18.846"
Lon W 103°27'07.377"
Alt 2696ft



No comments: