Sunday, November 4, 2007

Freedom 10 Mile

Ten miles is kinda far. But it seems less so when running with an imaginary internet running buddy (who conveniently became real for the race, as did I) and knowing that someone is waiting at the end of the race with beer!

I got to run with Brandy, and baggio was there (he took 2nd in the 30s men category I think), and BigG, and McTortle, and korbel, and RunningFromTheLaw, and coworker Kerstin were all there. It was way, way fun. I ran with Brandy the whole way. She asked me about 1/2 a mile into the race if I could keep up that pace for 10 miles (we were running about 8:15 or 8:20) and I said that I hoped so!

We did indeed have very even splits. Here's what I have:


1
- 8:24
2 - 8:14
3 - 8:19
4 - 8:20
5 - 8:18
6 - 8:11
7 - no mile marker!!
8 - 16:51 for 7 & 8, ave pace 8:25.30
9 - 8:15
10 - 8:02

Total time - 1:22:58. Average pace - 8:18. Dunno what clock time was, I didn't look. I'll have to check it out when they get the results online. It's a PR of at least 6 minutes. I think the fastest I've run 10 before has been right around 1:29.

We had the most awesome spectators at the end. We stood around drinking beer (not in the park, which would have been illegal, but we had 3 lawyers in residence, we could have handled it) for a couple of hours after the race was done. I got home and managed to find some wireless signal, which can be spotty. I have to do something with the avocados that are sitting on the counter, so I think that guacamole, chips and perhaps, more beer is in store for tonight.

2 comments:

Craver said...

oooh. I am coveting your guacaomole right now.

Congrats on the kick butt PR.

That's some serious shizz.

Anonymous said...

i wish someone at my house liked guacamole besides me.
um. you ladies are invited for lunch. :D