Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hips don't lie

Uh yeah. At 5 this morning, my hip said NO to running, so I slept for awhile longer. It's such a nice day, though... Maybe after work...? I think it's the transition to outside that's annoying my hip. I've got quite a few months of treadmill to work out of my system.

little boy ran a PR 4:49 mile at the track meet yesterday. I ran very, very slowly around Lakes Calhoun & Harriet while he was at his YCEP meeting. It didn't rain, but it was cloudy and gloomy. My total mileage for yesterday was just under 13 miles.

Sophie needs transmission work. She's 12 years old and has a little over 184,000 miles. She also needs new tires. The tires I can get for around $300, but the transmission is going to be expensive. Perhaps up to half of her bluebook value. Maybe it's time to put her out of her misery, but Big Boy should learn to drive, and there's no way I'm going to let him learn on Wolfie.

SO wants a pickup truck, but doesn't like that they all seem to get about 15 mpg. Well, the Ford Rangers get better mileage if you get the 4 cylinder version without 4WD. But they're so little and powerless then, what's the point? If there were a Wolfie cousin circa 1999 or 2000 in the diesel wagon available anywhere, I'd jump at the chance. But why would anyone in their right mind part with such a vehicle? I'll take Sophie in to get an estimate for the transmission, I guess. If it's going to fail at some point soon, no one would buy her anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe cars are like cattle... you shouldn't name them...