And everything goes round and round, round and round, round and round...
Yes, it's my third time with vertigo and I'm loving every minute of it. It started on Friday, so perhaps by this weekend it will have abated. It's worst in the shower (no glasses, have to keep a hand on the wall at all times) and in my cube (something about everything being grey, I think). It's most noticeable when I try to read (work), think (work) or walk down a grey hallway (work). I hate that I'm not really able to be particularly effective at work, yet I don't feel sick enough to stay home.
Given that I had a cold this weekend (still have a gross sounding cough) and slept for 14 hours on Friday night, it's quite apparent that I'm not 100%. I didn't run over the weekend, for obvious reasons, but I managed 3 this morning without too much difficulty (either breathing-wise or falling-down-cuz-the-world-is-moving-in-unexpected-ways-wise).
I'm worried that the pup might have something going on. She's put on 9 lbs. in the past year (despite cutting back on her food) and isn't as muscular as she once was (despite her running with me 18 to 30 miles per week); one of the three liver enzymes is elevated (ALT is at 444, normal range: 14-151); and yesterday she started limping upon getting up(which resolves itself after she stretches some and moves around for a couple of minutes), though it doesn't seem that she could have injured herself. She's 8 1/2 or so. I'd hate for this to be Cushing's. She'll have more blood work done next month.
4 comments:
aw. hugs to you and sky.
Jeez Sage. Sorry to hear it's back. So what does cure it? Does it just go away? Can't docs do anything for it? Maybe you can claim its a disability and you need your walls at work painted bright orange or something other than vertigo gray.
Sorry to hear about things. Hope everything works it for the best. Hang in there.
Yikes, sorry to hear about that. My dad had problems with vertigo and the doctors couldn't diagnose it. Then pretty soon he had a stroke and only then did they find out that his carotids were mostly blocked, which was probably what had been causing the vertigo. Hopefully you don't have any such thing at your age!! We did learn from Dad's experience that vertigo can have many causes and is hard to diagnose. --Love, Uncle Tim
Post a Comment