Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!

Just not in my precinct! Ack! It's crazy, crazy busy at 06-08 in St. Paul. I'm a registration judge, so I get to help people fill out same-day registration forms and check their IDs (and send them to another precinct if they're in the wrong place). We'd gone through 2 pads of reg. forms by 12:30 when I left for my break. Lots of lines, both to get in when the polls opened at 7 and for ballots once we started moving people inside the gym. I've only run across one or two people who were ummm... dissatisfied with the process. Everyone has been really excited to vote and willing to write their names 4 times in order to register. Several people have left and come back with the proper ID when they didn't have it the first time.

I got up at 4:00 so that Sky & I could run five. I'm glad I did, I was awake anyway, but I'm going to be so tired.

The only election gossip I have is from my own polling place and it's secondhand. A woman went to get her I Voted sticker (she voted early) and there was some private security guard lurking around trying to get into the school because he was "hired to be there." By whom, we don't know. The head judge in our precinct kicked him out (100 feet away from the polling place, thankyouverymuch). Apparently, there had been five complaints already about this guy by 9:00 am. Weird. I wonder if it'll be on the news. Not that I'll see it.

Break is almost over. If there's anything interesting, I'll mobile-blog it. But really, just lots of filling out forms.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I wanted a sticker!!! Sadly there were none at our voting location :(