I've been missing Big Boy since he's been out in Washington state working his firefighter gig. Nothing I can do about it, really, as he is 20 years old and theoretically an adult who should be out on his own living his own life and all that. He left in May and I've noticed a slight, chronic unease in the air (ok, it's only my air, I'm sure everyone else was fine with it) since he's been gone. I picked him up from the train station on Wednesday. With both boys in the house, the pieces all fit and that chronic unease went away. I get to make random comments to him in Russian and he doesn't roll his eyes at me (like his little brother does), he just answers or makes appropriately random comments in return. I'm sure it will be no time until I am complaining about him, as we are very much alike in the ways that tend to irritate each other.
And it's not like little boy and I didn't have our thing figured out. We're both introverts and like our quiet and our routines (don't get me started on our astrological charts). We manage each other's moods quite well. We frequently make each other laugh until we are crying with our dorky goofball inside jokes.
Yeah, both my kids are great and I'm crazy about them. Nothing you don't already know if you have even a passing familiarity with this blog. I am very glad to have them both together in my house.
I have also been acutely restless (sub in whatever adjective you like here, it will likely fit) for the past week because TODL has been traveling in Cali. All the mocking I received as a result of my moping, whining and complaining was well deserved. She got back home last night.
Equilibrium restored.
1 comment:
considering what i do for a living... can i just tell you how much i really, really appreciate how much you like (not just love) you boys.
Post a Comment