Someone asked this question a couple weeks ago. I'm not looking to build traffic, this certainly isn't a journal because I'm not airing my dirty laundry for all the innerwebs to see, only my friends and my kids and my mother bother to read the darn thing and you can't even find it unless you know it's there (i.e. not searchable)... so why? Humans (even introverted ones) generally feel compelled to communicate (or is that pontificate?). I'm going to chalk it up to that for today.
I took Friday off because little boy had a bunch of stuff to do that required parental transportation. Plus, I wanted to get in my long run before the weekend festivities began. Great day for a run: 36F and rain-snow (snow-rain?). Not such a good combo for the VFFs. I ran 5 out in the mess, realized my toes were completely numb, picked up the boy and headed for the treadmill. I finished up watching Footloose and then started in on Set it Off. Nothing like 80s dance music followed by gunfire to get you to forget that you're just a hamster on a wheel. Total of 12 miles at who knows what pace. Little or no after effects from what was my longest run in a year.
I think I have enough decorations and food for the party on Friday. I'm still working out the drink options, but I've already got wine, beer, juice and hibiscus tea. There may be a ginger/lime/vodka something that has yet to take shape as a recipe in my head. K is bringing a cauldron and dry ice. Coworker B is bringing g-free chocolate cookies. TODL is making something yummy with pesto. Cupcakes and decorating are scheduled for Thursday after work. Oh yeah, and I turn 42 on Wednesday. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
1 comment:
I believe it's called snain.
Pass on that vodka recipe too! Yummm!
Post a Comment