Saturday's long run was 18 miles again. I think that my bike to work plans must be adjusted for long runs. I felt like I was running on concrete legs. It was much warmer than the week before and the run just felt hard. I don't think I could have done another 8.2 miles. It was the same routine as last week, first 6 with poochie, 2nd 6 with little boy, and the last 6 all on my own. I ended up at 2:56, for an average pace of 9:46/mile.
No more long runs until I get back from Russia. Well, I have a 14 miler scheduled for June 2nd, but that's only two 6 mile loops and another 2 miles. That's easy. Cut back week this week - 35 miles. If the weather (and the boys) cooperate, I should be able to bike to work at least twice.
We got the knee wall built and the window into the sun porch. Had our friends R & D over for barbecue, but the weather turned ugly cold, after having been nearly 90 when we were working outside. R is six months pregnant and so cute.
I ordered a SIM card for my phone that will work in Russia. And I hooked up with a travel service to order train tickets to St. Pete's on the 9th. I should have done that sooner. There isn't much left. The return trip doesn't look like a problem, though. I managed to navigate this, but have yet to figure out if "Билеты на поезд можно купить в интернете" applies to foreigners (It means "One can buy tickets for the train on the internet."). Given that all the tickets for купе (2nd class) are ~650 rubles ($25), and I know that they charge foreigners more, it's probably a domestic-only type of deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment