I guess I was tired. I slept from around 3 yesterday afternoon until 5 this morning. The pooch didn't forget about running during my three week absence, but I took it easy on her (ha!) and we only went 5 miles.
We're still waiting on the delivery of our lost backpacks. They traveled more than we did. From Atlanta, they apparently went first to Chicago, then to Cincinnati, then to Minneapolis. From the airport, a delivery service is supposed to bring them to the house sometime before 9:30pm today. Keeping our fingers crossed, as there are several items in Big Boy's pack that he'll need for camp. And he's leaving tomorrow! Here's a shot of little boy at camp.
I was in for a very illuminating surprise at work this morning. They finally got around to replacing the light bulbs in the fixture that's directly above my computer. I could perform microsurgery right at my desk now. I can't tell if my headache is jetlag or the torture of constant bright light. I asked the maintenance dude if he would take out the fixture, as he was doing for another coworker and he said, "If I do it for you, I'll have to do it for everybody." And the problem with that is what, exactly?
As I was running this morning, I noticed the distinct lack of air pollution. It was very, very nice. I still can't figure out how the sky managed to stay so clear & blue in Russia when the air quality at ground level was so awful. Between the smokers & the traffic, my lungs felt like I was smoking every day! The other nice thing was that the runners & bikers I encountered smiled and waved hello instead of passing by and looking at me like I was a crazy foreigner. I guess I'm just an eccentric native now. I can live with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment