Friday, June 8, 2007

Dublin, first pass

We landed in Dublin at 10am local time. It was something like 4am at home, and I felt like that, too!!

The airport here is reminds me of an airport from the 70s. But I have to say, security here in Europe is way more friendly than in the US.

Which reminds me, I got the joy of being selected for extra screening in Minneapolis. Apparently, the rfid chip blocking passport covers I got make the metal detectors go off. So I got sent off with a very nice, very tall, female TSA agent to get wanded over. Then I realized it must be the passport covers, so I handed them to her, and she wanded me, (found nothing, of course) and then took the covers over to the guy who watches the carry on screening monitor, and he sent the covers through. I could hear him say derisively, "These aren't metal!" Since then, I've sent the covers through with our backpacks.

Our backpacks, incidently, are actually smaller than most of the carry ons we've seen. It's amazing how much crap people bring onto a plane!

Our flight to Dublin was long, about 8 hours. We flew north to Nova Scotia and then across the Atlantic. Not that we saw any of it, first it was dark, then we were asleep. They had veggie pasta for us, and it was actually pretty good. We watched some weird movie with that guy that Reese Witherspoon divorced. He's kind of a weenie. And the other guy was just bizarre.

I've got just a minute or 2 left on this internet dealy, which is much cheaper than anything we saw at home. $1 a minute in atlanta (i passed), here it's about $0.80 for ten minutes.

More from Zurich!

No comments: