Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Reboot

I haven't been sleeping well, which translates into not much running has actually been accomplished. So I'm trying to reboot, so to speak. Fun thing to do a week and a half before a 15 mile trail race, but whatever.

I did get out at lunchtime today for 5K with the dog. She was thrilled that someone came by to pay attention to her in the middle of the day, and the sun was actually out for the brief time we were outside. If I'm going to make a habit of this, I'd better bring running apparel to work and map out some running routes in this town. I have to get back in the habit of morning running, but the weather has not been cooperative (nor has my REM state, but that's another matter entirely). Speaking of weather, they're forecasting doom and gloom starting tomorrow all the way through Saturday. We did actually get solid white precipitation last week, so perhaps they'll be correct again. "Correct" is a figure of speech, though, as they claimed something about 8-10 inches and we actually got about 4. So they're still wrong, but it did actually snow.

I got everyone's taxes done and filed on time, including mine. I did 3 returns besides my own this year. We also did little boy's for fun, but he didn't make the threshold amount for filing, so we skipped it.

Big Boy made a run to the border and finally has a paying job. We filled out the application for the Peace Corps, but they want someone his age to already have a college degree before they ship you overseas. Too bad they don't actually come out and say that before you spend days filling out the app and bother your coaches for recommendations. So, on to Americorps. There's some cool stuff to be done, even by teenagers, even without college degrees. Some of it in Alaska. But more on that later.

little boy is getting ready for his Chemistry AP test (we'll make sure not to apply to UW-Milwaukee, where they'll undoubtedly never have heard of anyone taking such a test before and balk at awarding retroactive credits), the St. Paul City Honors Orchestra, a GTCYS concert in May, and it's track season. Busy boy.

SO is working at her new job as an organizer for the union. Top secret hush hush stuff. I have no idea what she does, but she does actually answer her cell phone now. I suppose that's a plus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

taxes for fun?
ap tests?
shit, you folks are smart.....