Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cutback week with some travelling thrown in

I am very glad that this is a cutback week. That 25 mile weekend just wore me out. I biked to work yesterday and it went fine. I think that was bike to work #8, bringing my total of bike to work miles to 104 for this summer. I had to stake up K's tomato plants because there's lots of wind in her backyard and the cages just aren't doing the job on tomato plants that are as tall as I am. It was successful except for the part where I hammered my left index finger. Nice bruise today.

Today's run didn't start out so well. I was just tired (although I've taken to waking up before my alarm clock) and my legs didn't want to cooperate. I figured I'd feel better after a mile. After a mile, I figured I'd feel better after 2 miles. Around the 3 mile mark, things felt a little better, but still not good. I finished 8 miles in a reasonable amount of time with an average HR of 138. The dog seemed to think it was hot today and lingered in the lake splashing around and taking big drinks.

I have a 3 day week this week because I get to go up to camp to welcome little boy back from his 30 day canoe trip in Ontario. The only slightly icky thing about that is I have to be up north by 11:30 am and it's a 5 1/2 hour drive. And I have 7 miles on the schedule for that morning! Looks I'll be getting up pretty early on Thursday!

1 comment:

sauconRunner said...

He's been gone that long already! Wow!