SO & I actually did something over the 4th of July weekend, instead of just staying home and being hermits. We headed out to a state park to car camp and explored the Mankato area. Sky came along for the trip, because my usual dog-sitter is out west on a much more ambitious camping trip. Other than Sky's barking (and howling!) when we had to leave her in the car (only for the briefest of times, the longest was 20 minutes and then I'd go out and walk her around), we all had a good time. Even the mosquitoes, having lots of fresh, tasty metro-area blood to snack on. Bugs - the worst part of camping.
Free berries - the best part of camping. SO noticed wild black raspberries growing around our campsite. We picked a bowlful from various spots and breakfast on Sunday consisted of wild raspberries and banana, with scrambled eggs & snausage cooked on the fire, along with cowboy coffee (only we didn't swing the pot to settle the grounds, we used a strainer instead). In another area of the park, we noticed mulberries and picked a whole bunch (there's conflicting information about picking things in state parks, but we asked the ranger in the office if we could and he said yes). I still have to figure out what to do with the mulberries (other than dye things purple).
I ran 8 miles this morning. It was ok. I have to try to run fast tomorrow.
2 comments:
Get your fast run in done in the morning! It's gonna be another hot one.
Sounds like you had fun!
Can't you make jam with mulberries? What about candles?
Post a Comment