Monday, September 24, 2007

ouch...grumble...ouch

Ok, it's getting a little better. I had to wimp out on my highest-ever mileage week and I missed my last 20 miler. Stupid knee still hurts, but I'm not lurching around anymore. RICE is on the menu for the foreseeable future.

I managed 6 miles yesterday with the dog (some things felt weird, knee felt slightly painful and tweaky, like the ligaments weren't tracking just quite right) and 9 this morning on the TM (which felt pretty easy, cuz I set the speed super slow, but it was kind of boring, even though I was watching Pre).

However, I think the cajun breakfast I had on Sunday came with some extras. I was sick enough not to sleep well last night and it's lasted all day today. Ugh. Just what I needed - food poisoning on top of a crabby weekend. Don't you just hate the feeling of being hungry and nauseous at the same time? The extreme sweating alternating with clamminess is darn fun, too.

Ok, there's another thing that I finally fixed after it's been bothering me all weekend. I moved the computer down to Big Boy's room and since I moved it, the speakers wouldn't work. So I tried everything. Yes, first thing - power? speakers & subwoofer all connected to each other? correct line-in port? device manager say anything about something not working? unplug everything and plug it back in again? run a virus scan to check if there's some weird trojan horse that targets speakers? check yet another time to see if it's plugged into the correct port? update the driver? uninstall the driver? reinstall the driver? do random searches on the internet to see if I'm the only person in the history of the universe to have this problem that seemingly has no fix?

I finally got it. Now all I have to do is find myself a new, working wireless optical mouse for a 3+ year old computer. Fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

phew. i was so worried that you were going to be WAY out of commission again...cuz you've been busting your ass.
yeah. i'm no help with computers. my dissertation is about how teachers don't need to know technology to use digital media in their classes....
heh.