little boy had a race in Rochester this week and ran 18:42 for the 5K. At first, he thought he wasn't going to be on varsity for the next race (they run the fastest 7), it turns out he beat two other guys so he will be.
I ran the James Page Blubber Run 5K yesterday. The beer was good, the company was even better, but despite what their ad page says, they only had brats. Ugh. My forerunner acted up, although there weren't really any trees or buildings to speak of in the way of the gps signal, so I don't know what the problem was. I never saw a mile marker until mile 3. I got a side stitch during what I think was mile 2 and I slowed down a bit to try and make it stop. If I hadn't done that, obviously I would have finished faster. But hey, I'll take a 2 minute and 12 second PR any day. The clock said 23:05 when I crossed the finish line.
Ok, so I'll never be able to race with little boy. But it's an unfair comparison now that his legs are longer than mine! (we'll just not mention the fact that he's 25 years younger than me which might be a mitigating circumstance as well)
I have to move the computer down to Big Boy's room, and there's no internet down there, so this will have to be short and poorly edited. Luckily I downloaded the thing from the revisor's website that I have to work on today.
2 comments:
geeze o cats....
that's friggin fast, i don't care who you are, how tall you are or how old you are NOT.
kudos...
dooooooood.
You're FAST.
congrats on the PR sister!
Post a Comment