Big Boy is off to camp until August 11. He is headed to Kugluktuk, Nunavut (and here's a blog I found about the town) and the Arctic Ocean, via the Coppermine River. I'll post updates of his trip, as I have their planned itinerary. Although, they could actually be anywhere. No news is good news when your kids are canoing in the wilderness. Each group has a sat phone and a personal locator beacon, so if something were to go wrong, they can get help. So really, hearing nothing is good. Unless they're all eaten by bears or moose in the middle of the night and there's no one left to call for help on the sat phone. But wait, they're in northern Canada (Big Boy more so than little boy), so there really isn't going to be any night (from Kugluktuk's weather page: Length of visible light 24h 00m, Length of day 24h 00m, Tomorrow will be 0m 0s shorter).
No kids in the house. Quiet. Weird. I have to take out my own trash.
There was a nice cold breeze this morning but the sun was sort of hot. I took Sky for the first lap of of the run and she was happy except for the fact that there's lots of lake sludge in the spot she likes to jump in. SO took the next lap with me, on her bike. The third lap I was on my own, but I took tunes along. Average HR over 18 miles: 137.
Lap 1 (6 mi): 65 min, ave HR 132
Lap 2: 69 min, ave HR 138
Lap 3: 73 min, ave HR 142
My calf seems just fine, it's not stiff or sore at all. My feets, on the other hand, feel rather pounded.
SO & I went to brunch at Hell's Kitchen with two new friends, Terry & Tracy. I had the most food of any of them. It was good. I am sleepy again. Now to watch movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment