Although I had a great time socializing with my imaginary friends Brandy, Cindi and Melis on Saturday, it was a craptastic run for me. Too humid, too hot, too long. I was thinking that we were going to run 12, which was what I had on the schedule, but my Garmin had us at 14.5. That, coupled with it being a zillion percent humidity and in the mid-70s with sun (!), my being slightly dehydrated, and of course, my being late (cuz I thought we were meeting at a different lake that started with H), made it just yucky.
I wasn't very optimistic about my new schedule, which had me running 6 on Sunday. However, it was cloudy and in the 50s and I made myself run so that my heart rate stayed below 140. Ave HR: 137. Pace: faster than Saturday! Dog: happy! We spent the rest of Sunday getting some new flagstones for the patio and reconfiguring a couple of areas. One of them was so big that it took the two of us to lift it.
I've managed to catch SO's cold, so I also spent the weekend sneezing and feeling generally tired. Despite that, I biked to work this morning (6 1/2 miles one way, super slow). It was nice out (62 mostly sunny when I arrived) and being on the bike was the best I've felt today. The rest of the day: feeling foggy, headachy, sneezy and tired. And although my arms & shoulders feel fine after yesterday's hours of flagstone fitting, wow, do my legs ever hurt in weird places. And, yes, that's before the bike ride!
In bad bike news, Big Boy's bike was stolen from the front yard of R & D's house yesterday. I'm really annoyed at Big Boy for leaving it in plain sight and for not locking it up. He's almost 19 and knows that R & D's house borders a sketchy area. LOCK YOUR BIKE! TO SOMETHING IMMOVABLE!! Sheesh.
2 comments:
you confused lakes in minnesota???
but what are there like 3???
:D
shit. we didn't even lock our bikes when i was a kid. we had to bring them in.
Every time I get a cold I think of how I used to lay around and do nothing before I picked up running. Now I'm still out there if its in the head and if its in the chest I do some other exercise. We are an insane breed!
Sucks about your sons bike.
Post a Comment