Saturday, June 28, 2008

Running with Brandy

the imaginary running buddy, not the liquor.

I made it on time to the correct lake and after a small GPS glitch were off for what was going to a 15 miler for Brandy but an 8 or so miler for me. We ran together until she headed up Summit and I continued back south along the river. I was running across that southern bridge you see when it started to rain. It was nice rain, not torrential, not too cold. Despite all that urban-ness you see at the left, we were running along the Minnehaha creek for awhile then along the Mississippi (does anyone else have to spell that out loud in their head so they type it correctly?) on a running/biking path. Lots of trees, water, hardly any homicidal drivers. And just a tenth under 10 miles.

SO & I were planning on driving out to Hastings to pick some strawberries, but there's thunder off to the south and I'm not that desperate for strawberries that I will risk getting struck by lightning. Eh, but if it clears up, we'll go.

And go we did. Twenty pounds of strawberries later, we arrive at Trader Joe's to conspicuously consume more consumables.

2 comments:

Mary said...

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I

Yep.

Maria said...

M-I-SS-I-SS-I-PP-I; do you happen to know if Tennessee has a song too? :-)