Friday, September 5, 2008

I took a day off

I didn't run 11 miles yesterday. That's the first run I've missed and not made up in a long time. My hip feels only slightly off this morning, so I think it was the right decision. We'll see how everything feels at tomorrow's half. I originally planned to shoot for a PR in the 1:45 to 1:50 range, but I don't think I want to push it. I think instead, the wiser thing to do would be run the last 8 miles at projected marathon pace. Then, on the 14th when I run that 10 mile race, I'll see how things are feeling and if all is well, I'll shoot for a PR at 10 miles.

little boy is adapting to back-to-school. He says the best thing about it is looking over all the heads of people in the hallways and nodding to the other tall guys whose heads are also above the crowd. The boy is about 6'1 or so, but his school has a high population of Hmong students, who are not known for height.

At work, I'm frantically trying to get an answer written to all the comments received before the hearing. Nothing much new came up at the hearing on Wednesday. Happily, the people who testified were a little more cogent than some of the comments I've gotten so far.

I haven't heard much from Big Boy, but I spent Labor Day cleaning out many years of accumulated stuff from his closet. It took me 8 hours. I filled the back of the Subaru with stuff to donate to Goodwill and completely filled the trash bin with, well, trash. I scored this photo from one of Big Boy's coworkers who posted it on Facebook. Big Boy is on the far right.

2 comments:

Doctor Err said...

it is fun to be in the 6' club.

oh my gosh. thats the best job ever!!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good luck tomorrow!

I took off an unexpected day too, which I won't make up. I feel a little guilty, but it's probably good for the injuries, huh?