Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ugh

I woke up in the middle of the night with cold sweats & a completely unhappy stomach. I believe coworker K is trying to kill me with that nasty virus she had on Monday by trying to pass it off as food poisoning and then surreptitiously infecting me. (j/k, K! Hold down the fort while I'm gone!)

Anyway, after a couple of hours of nonsleep and stomach issues, the headache set in. Viruses! Fun! New features! I managed to call my boss, but only after completely losing the ability to work a cell phone and calling not only her home, but her cell too, and finally looking at my phone in confusion and dialing the darn office number. That pretty much convinced me that staying home was the better part of valor. Can you imaging trying to practice law when you can't even work your cell phone? Hello malpractice!

Mmmmm... crackers. And when the 4 crackers in the house ran out, I had some Grey-Ham crackers (totally funny Nordic woman doing a cooking show this past weekend, called graham crackers "Grey Ham" crackers!! Funny! Weird! Am I delirious now?). And ginger tea. And yes, coffee. I thought that perhaps my headache would abate somewhat if I had some caffeine in me. Uh, no. Don't you just love the feeling of being hungry and nauseous at the same time? Me too! I'm going to try and force myself to sleep some pretty soon.

On a completely unrelated note, this is not a good week to be sick and unable to eat. This is the last big running week before the marathon (I could have put "big running week" in caps and not been exaggerating). I was supposed to do a tempo run today and that ain't happening, people.

On another unrelated note, check out Big Boy's blog over on the BlogRoll on the right. He updated! With details! About what he's going and stuff! I know, I know, only my mom & I are particularly interested, but it is actually interesting. And there's a Borat reference in there, too.

5 comments:

Doctor Err said...

aww.....sage!!! rest up and make SO bring you some vernors gingerale....

bryan said...

Hope you get better for some last great training runs!

Theia said...

Get better soon!!!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I got derailed on my last big running week too. I think we'll be ok though - we've both worked our butts off. One week less training shouldn't make a huge difference, right??

KP said...

Dude...not the week to get sick! At least you can think of it this way - more taper?