Saturday, 16 on the schedule. Remember how last week, I ran 20 miles at an average pace of 9:27? How does 15 miles at an average pace of 12:00 sound? And I walked the last mile home only because SO & little boy didn't answer the phone when I called to ask them to pick me up. It was two hours and fifty minutes of sheer hell. Or maybe it was 15 miles of THE WALL. Nothing hurt, but nothing felt right. I felt just an overall pervasive weakness. It was probably due to a lack of carbs on Friday. Yuck. It was all my nightmares of how the marathon might go wrapped into one sucktastic morning. At least there weren't spectators.
Today, however, 9 miles at better than 9:30 pace went just absolutely fine. Sky came along and was she ever thrilled about it. She even ran the last mile ahead of me even though I know she must have been tired. I'll take her again on Wednesday. She's had almost two weeks off because the runs got too long for her. This is a cutback week, so 9s x 5 days will be 45 miles.
There was more rearrangement of Big Boy's room. The sofabed was removed to the junkyard, so it's no longer in the dining room. Instead of buying something that is couch or bed-like, we repurposed his old twin bed into a couch (with the help of some new pillows from costco). His chest of drawers now houses the upstairs tv. The desk (soon to be outfitted with the computer once I move it) is in the corner. It looks a lot less like a big empty room now, and he'll have a place to sleep when he comes home. I feel a little less panicky this week, but I am still not in normal head-space yet. I wonder if I'll ever be?
1 comment:
15 miles at 12 min pace... sounds like how i would do it.
yeah i run 12's.
when i moved out i was 22 cuz i lived at home for college (and let me tell you sister, at my house you had to be a contributing member of the family) my mom had my old room (though it had only been my room 4 years...i hadn't grown up in it or anything) empty, painted and wall papered in a week.
she was coping.
things are even more fun now, i promise. :)
here's my pat on the back for you for being as good a mom as you are a runner.
Post a Comment