So, I wasn't real optimistic going into this run. First of all, I still feel like I should baby my knee. Second, the mysterious taper pains (completely distinguishable from labor pains, if anyone was wondering) come and go at all hours of the day. Third, I haven't tried to run "fast" (it's all relative, people!) for two weeks. Fourth, the schedule called for a mile each warm up & cool down with 5 miles at 8:15. That's the fastest tempo pace yet!
I should add that the dog is very happy this week. She gets to come along on every run because they're all shorter than 9 miles. Taper is good for dogs, I guess.
Here's how it panned out:
1-9:01
2-7:43
3-7:38
4-7:38
5-7:28
6-7:59
7-9:03
Average tempo pace-7:41. New 5 mile PR-38:26. Overall pace for 7 miles-8:04.
And although I slowed down on the last tempo mile, I was definitely not racing, nor was I maxed out as far as speed goes. The first tempo mile felt a little uncomfortable, but I was breathing pretty well for the ones that followed (it was definitely not a conversational pace, however!). The fastest speed work (mile repeats) that this plan had me doing was 4 x 7:43 with half mile slowdowns between each repeat. I guess I blew that out of the water.
Makes me wonder if I've been a slacker.
Nahh, I don't wonder about that. I know I'm a slacker.
3 comments:
You're back baby!!
Yay!!!!!
Soo happy for you Sage.
Go kick some m-day butt!
JC
um. yeah. you're no slacker. when is the big day, sister?
Post a Comment