And holy cow, was it ever! After spending a week and a half duping me into thinking my out-laws were coming here to spend the weekend of my birthday, thereby coercing me into cleaning the entire house (I even bought new shower curtains, people!), SO and little boy (and coworker Kerstin, without whom it would not have been possible) threw me a surprise 40th birthday party on Saturday night.
It was awesome. Friends were there, neighbors were there, coworkers from all three post-law-school employment adventures were there... I managed not to cry (which was good), but if they'd finagled a way for Big Boy to be there, too, I'd have lost it. I have to be much more careful, apparently I'm surrounded by professional connivers. SO and Kerstin had apparently been plotting since the beginning of October. There was an enormous stash of food & booze in Kerstin's basement. Her hubby Chris ate salsa all week, but still didn't manage to make much of a dent.
The out-laws will be coming this weekend, actually. And SO starts her new job at the union on Monday. For some silly reason, I'm going to be running (not racing, mind you) the Freedom 10 Mile this weekend. Well, it's not a completely silly reason, my imaginary internet running buddies talked me into it.
3 comments:
nice. nice. nice.
my outlaws come sunday. if i call...i either need a place to hide out...or a lawyer.... or both...heh.
Yeah! Now that it's over there's a little empty space in my conniving little heart. I'll have to come up with a new project....
Yeah, um, isn't 40 a little advance for "imaginary internet running friends".. i'm jes' sayin'.
:D
PS. i am not imaginary.
Post a Comment