Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Weather update

I had a nice, easy 4 miler last night after work. And people, I am NOT an evening runner. Despite my hip feeling weird all Sunday and yesterday, my legs felt light and my feet felt all bouncy. Every time I looked down at my forerunner, I was conversationally running at an 8:25 pace (who knew not running made you faster? I may have to explore this further). The pooch was happy to come along, but it's hard to run with a dog who hates all of dogkind during prime dog walking hours.

I'm trying to concentrate on good carbs this week: lots of brown rice, green veggies, fruit (maybe not so much apple crisp and more just plain apples), and everyone's favorite, tofu. No beer (insert sad face here), but SO bought a case of Grain Belt Premium to take up north this weekend. If things go bad, I'll have her hand me a beer.

I am mulling over the concept of breakfast before the marathon. Normally, I don't eat before I run. Can't do it, even when the run is a 20 miler. When I ran that 25K back in April, I woke myself up early and ate a power bar type thing about 4 hours before the race. I don't know whether it helped or not, but it didn't hurt. The race is at 9am and I usually wake up four hours before that, so breakfast is a possibility, I guess. I always have coffee before a race, so coffee will be happening.

It was cold-ish and blowy this morning, so I decided to save today's 4 miles for tonight while little boy is at orchestra rehearsal. Having somehow forgotten that wind makes things colder (although in my defense, it's easy to forget that when it's 85 outside), I need to keep an eye on the wind forecast for this weekend. 56 is all well and good, but if it's blowing 25 mph off of Lake Superior, I have to rethink the clothing issue!

Daily Details for
Ashland, WI


Day Night


Partly Cloudy
High
56°F

Precip
10%

Wind: SE 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 71%
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Sunrise: 7:18 AM CT
Avg. High: 58°F
Record High: 84°F (1995)



Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low
37°F

Precip
20%

Wind: SE 3 mph
Max. Humidity: 81%
Sunset: 6:21 PM CT
Avg. Low: 35°F
Record Low: 19°F (1988)

Last Updated Tuesday, Oct 9, 10:24 AM Central Daylight Time

No comments: