Friday, October 5, 2007

TC Marathon weekend

Ok, don't anybody get excited. This isn't my marathon. I have buddies, both real and virtual, who are going to be running this weekend here in the cities. I got a text from co-worker Kerstin, who despite swearing she would buy nothing at the marathon expo, says that not only is the expo way cool but that she wants to buy everything!

Sending vibes to Kerstin: must.resist.the.shopping.impulse.

M and I are going to be spectating from an undisclosed location near the end of the marathon. Ok, it's not undisclosed - we haven't decided yet. But we'll be somewhere on Summit, hoping for cool temps and no rain.

I also got an email from my mom and she has off the weekend of my marathon! Woo hoo! She and Big Boy will be driving up Friday night and the cabin I've rented is more than big enough for the five of us. (As a slightly pathetic aside, next weekend will have been six weeks since I've seen Big Boy. That's the longest I've not had him around for his entire life. We've come close, a month at camp, 5 weeks at his father's one summer... but six weeks is a long time. Just ask little boy, who's thoroughly sick of me and rethinking his desire to be an only child.) So, I'm increasingly anxious about the marathon, but thrilled that I get to have both my boys in one place at one time with me.

No comments: