I'm not even sure what my new title is. General Supervision Compliance Coordinator/Rulemaking Coordinator/Hearing Coordinator/Complaint Investigator/Due Process Specialist? Take your pick, I do all of them now. Breaking my "studiously avoid talking about my job" rule, I think I'll take just a minute to talk about it. The guy who's leaving? For whom we had that most awesome potluck on Wednesday? I got his job. Oh, and I still have my old job, too. Not that it's a bad thing, I totally dig not being bored and learning new stuff. And it's law-talkin' stuff, too, so that's very exciting. But it's a lot at once, and being mindful of the fact that this is a temporary enhancement of job duties, I don't really want to f**k it up too much. Luckily, our admin staff knows a lot about what I'm supposed to be doing for hearing coordination and my part has to do with law-talkin' and computer related stuff, so I think that will be alright. The old part of my job I've managed to do competently for almost two years, so I'm not worried about that. But the complaint investigation part (which my boss told me I wouldn't have to do for awhile yet - I guess "awhile" means a week, which I'll keep in mind the next time I invite her to a party) is still a mystery, but hey! I've got a complaint already. So I'll just keep swimming...Apropos of nothing, I think I really need a haircut. I haven't had one since April or May.
6 comments:
Yeah!! How exciting! Congrats!
Do you get a "temporary enhancement" of your salary to go along with the new duties?
Ну мама эта новая работа и так победа для тебя и я тебя поздравляю с этом!
Наконец! Победа!
huh?
Just a little Russian to brighten your day!
Post a Comment