Saturday, October 6, 2007

October 6th?

It's 88 degrees out. I think that is just a little bit crazy. It's October. In Minnesota. little boy had cross country practice this morning at 9, which ordinarily would have been just fine, but given that he was out until 10:30 last night at the homecoming dance, seemed kind of early. I dropped him off at school and then headed home for my last "long" run before M-day. Eight miles at an 8:59 pace. Except for the rain, humidity and overall way-too-hotness of the weather, it was fine. It just felt hot. And I only ran 31 miles this week. It seems like vacation. A vacation my lazy, slacker legs liked just a little too much, I fear.

little boy & I went for pancakes at Victor's. Well, he had a Spanish omelet and a banana pancake and some yuca frita, but let's not argue over details. I should be thinking about something for dinner now, but I'm still full from breakfast!

Now begins my week of obsessively tracking the forecast for Ashland. It looks perfect right now.

Daily Details for
Ashland, WI



Day Night


Mostly Sunny
High
55°F

Precip
10%

Wind: W 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 71%
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Sunrise: 7:18 AM CT
Avg. High: 58°F
Record High: 84°F (1995)



Showers
Overnight Low
37°F

Precip
40%

Wind: WSW 4 mph
Max. Humidity: 86%
Sunset: 6:21 PM CT
Avg. Low: 35°F
Record Low: 19°F (1988)

Last Updated Saturday, Oct 6, 4:22 PM Central Daylight Time

I will also begin to pack and repack, with an emphasis on running attire, of course. I got two new pairs of running shorts from the Title Nine sale at the state fair grounds. Well, I got some other stuff, too, including a way cool pair of pants made out of hemp and recycled poly that were over 60% off. I went to the sale again today (only my second time, I'm not that much of a glutton!) and it was much more relaxed and there was no line at all. Of course, it seems like all the small and medium women in the cities came and bought up all the good stuff. There was still a lot of XS and L and XL, but not much to speak of in the small and medium categories (did you notice how I totally managed to avoid calling anyone an S and M woman? umm... until now?). I did find that second pair of running shorts, though. In blue and $2 cheaper than on Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

s and m.
muwhahahahah. i had to read that like 8 times. totally worth my time. friend of mine is driving with his bf from WI to MI. Well he's there since he apparently drunk dialed me when he got there... made me think about your mom and big boy...who better not be drunk dialing you....
;)
i will think good weather thoughts and throw ice cubes in your direction. really i will. ask jenny about parachute man. :)