Saturday, July 7, 2007

14 miles

was a lot easier than 12 miles last weekend. And, it was just as hot & humid, if not more so. I went out for 8, then looped home to pick up the dog, who finished the last 6 with me. There was a contingent of TnT (Team in Training) out on the Gateway Trail for their long run, though I don't know how far they were going. Thus, the trail was much more populated at 7:30am than it usually is on a Saturday morning.

There's a running term for targeting and then picking off another runner in a race. I won't use it, though, cuz this is a family blog (sure it is). Anyway, apparently, I was someone else's target on Saturday. I was holding a 9:00 mpm pace and this girl just blew past me like I was standing still. First I was really unhappy about it, then I started getting mad. She caught up to two other TnT runners about a quarter mile ahead of me and they started running together. I let them go another half mile or so and then increased my pace so I passed all three of them. And I stayed ahead of them for another mile until it was time for me to turn around and head back home. They finished their run just past the White Bear Ave. bridge, which was before my turn around point. The girl who passed me smiled as I ran past her again going the opposite direction; she knew she'd been beaten. That's right, girile, and I still have another 7 miles to go, I thought to myself. Heh.

Co-worker Kerstin's housewarming party was this afternoon... 99 degrees in St. Paul today. Her DH's homebrew was awesome and her plants are happier than mine are.

No comments: