We had dinner at Chambers. Expensive as hell, but really good. Now I have to figure out how to make a ginger lime margarita. I can't keep going back there at $10 a pop.
Weird things from the concert (the first of which could be more appropriately titled "Ugly Americans")
- First, as we were going into the theater, a woman was holding the door for someone coming out. After that person was out of the doorway, the woman stood there and continued to hold the door. OK, fine. So I walked in. Then, apparently, the woman and her male companion walked in and SO followed them, hearing the woman snark, "I wasn't holding the door for you." Nice.
- Second, in our seats (great seats by the way, 9th row center, thanks boss!), the young man next to me was reading a book. Then, another young man joined him and they proceeded to read aloud to each other. From the bible, apparently. This just skeeved me out. Weird, just plain weird. But they were fans of k.d., as it turned out, so I just ignored them.
Katherine the Great statue in St. Petersburg. I dunno what she's smirking about.
Hermitage, St. Petersburg.
No comments:
Post a Comment