Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bad dog/blue sky

It started out to be such a good run with Sky. It was early, not too hot, she wasn't pulling too much, the pace was decent... We'd passed at least 6 dogs and she stayed in heel position without use of the choke chain, which is a tremendous accomplishment for her. Usually I have to practically strangle her to keep her in heel when there's another dog around.

Then that last dog. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention. Sky was out ahead at the end of her retractable leash and this cute black & white spaniel-type dog comes towards us with his runner. Sky went for the dog and I couldn't stop her in time. She just about got the dog, tripped up the runner, and somehow the other dog managed to get off his leash. Well, he comes over to see what Sky's problem is, not in an aggressive way, he seems like a nice dog. Sky, in the meantime, is getting cussed out and is sitting with her chain collar up under her ears. I asked the runner if his dog was ok, and he seemed to be, so Sky got to finish the mile and half home in heel. Dang dog.

Post title is something of a play on words, as Sky's middle name is Blue. I didn't mess with the hue or saturation of any of the following pictures, but I did crop a couple of them. The sky in Russia is blue. Crazy blue. Amazing blue. Really, mind-bogglingly blue. These are all from St. Petersburg. Tomorrow we'll take a look at Moscow.

Church on Spilled Blood
Church on Spilled Blood. I didn't pick the name, Tsar Aleksandr II was murdered there.

Along the canal
Along the Moika Canal.

Mariinsky Palace
Mariinsky Palace. The St. Petersburg Duma meets here.

Church on Spilled Blood
Church on Spilled Blood.

Russia 211
Cool light blue building near the circus. I can't for the life of me remember what it is, though.

Russia 344
The top of some church or another. You're supposed to be looking at the sky anyway.

Hero-City Leningrad
Hero-City Leningrad. That's what it says. I can't make this stuff up. It's a hotel now.

Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace
Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace. Nevsky Prospect is to the left and the water is the Fontanka River.

Kazan Cathedral
Kazan Cathedral.

Fountain in the Neva outside the Winter Palace
Fountain in the Neva River. We took this from the Winter Palace, aka Hermitage.

Peter & Paul Fortress
Peter & Paul Fortress from across the Neva.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh. no. i had high hopes that Hank's 'ohh they are going fast i need to go with them, let's jump at the bikers' would go away soon. i thought doggy school next week would cure that. that and running through my flowers. crud.