Ok, thanks to the generosity of co-worker Kathryn and my mad reading skillz, I have finished Harry Potter. No spoilers here, cuz I know my mom hasn't read it yet, either.
SO & I ritually burned some consumables last night, including 2 1/2 lbs of asparagus. And yes, we ate all of it. Then I sat in my chair & read. Is it only me, or is sitting down & reading an entire book almost like eating a whole bunch of candy that you're not supposed to but it's really good so you do it anyway? Without the being sick to your stomach part afterwards.
I think I am having an entire week of Mondays. Today is the second time I've spilled coffee on myself. And I'm wearing a white shirt, naturally. It's also crazy hot and humid outside. Unbelievable buckets of sweat this morning during & after my 8 mile tempo run. I think even the dog was sweating. At any rate, she was quite happy to jump in the lake. I was pretty close to my target pace (8:29), but I was a little too fast at the start. I sort of didn't warm up for a mile like I was supposed to.
Mile 1 - 8:22 (forget the warm up, let's run!)
Mile 2 - 7:40 (where'd this come from?)
Mile 3 - 8:23 (there's a gradual hill at the start of this mile, I'm surprised it was this fast)
Mile 4 - 8:46 (but apparently, the hill made me tired)
Mile 5 - 8:28
Mile 6 - 8:26 (I felt like I was barely hanging on for this mile & the next one)
Mile 7 - 8:23
Mile 8 and change - 9:28 (so happy to slow down!)
Average pace over 8.13 miles - 8:30. I also dropped a little more than 2 lbs of sweat.
I still have tons of Russia pix to post. I have an idea for the next set, but I have to sort, crop & resize them all first, and I sometimes get lazy about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment